Yummy Tomatillo Salsa
This is a super healthy tomatillo salsa that tastes fresh and clean and takes very little time to make!
Write a review
- 8-10 medium/large tomatillos (increase to 12-15 if they are small, the size of cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4-1/2 small white onion
- fresh or jar minced garlic (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh or dried cilantro (optional)
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp jalapeno juice (optional: I use the juice in the Old El Paso sliced jalapenos jar.)
- minced onion (optional)
- Chop up tomatillos and onions in preferred manner. (See notes.)
- Blend in bowl with garlic and salt, to taste.
- If desired, add optional ingredients to taste.
- Chill before serving.
- For a chunkier salsa, I use a slap chopper/knife to cut the tomatillos and onion. For a less chunky version, I use my small Ninja/Bullet.
- This is amazing as a topping on pizza, chicken, pork, tacos, etc.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry http://eatdrinkbemerry.kimdeister.com/