These meatballs are made without eggs and can be made with or without breadcrumbs. They are big and delicious and I named them inappropriately… Shemar Balls. They are big, dark and delicious just like Shemar Moore…! When serving them, add more sauce and cheese. These can be served with or without pasta.
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 tbs EVOO per pound of ground beef
- seasonings (sea salt, crushed red pepper, basil, oregano, pepper, celery salt, etc.)
- diced garlic
- shredded mozzarella
- spaghetti sauce
- fine bread crumbs (optional)
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Work in EVOO.
- Season meat to taste.
- Form balls and refrigerate before baking. Take one half portion of a meatball and roll between hands to form small ball. Squish flat like a burger. Place a small pinch of cheese into the scenter and press into the meat. Take another half portion (rolled and squished ) and sandwich the cheese, pinching sides to seal. Roll into big ball and set aside.
- Prepare them for baking. With some sauce in a bowl, roll the meatballs to coat them lightly in sauce and place them on the pan. Sprinkle cheese over the tops of the meatballs. Bake.