This soup is delicious and hearty, perfect for a chilly day!
- Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot
- 1-2 lbs thawed chicken or pork
- 1 48oz box chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3-4 packages ramen noodles any style/JUST THE NOODLES ARE NEEDED!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 per person egg optional
- chili paste or oil optional, to taste
- Sriacha optional
- soy sauce optional
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ginger to taste
- Preheat Ninja Foodi on the "Sauté" mode.
- Cut the scallions, the white stalks into roughly 2" parts and the greens into rounds.
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper.
- When Foodi is ready, add oil and meat. Sear until both sides turn brown.
- Add chicken broth, water and the white part of the scallions.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. SEE RAMEN EGG SECTION!
- When pressure cook is complete, turn to quick release.
- Scoop out white stalks and dispose of them.
- Scoop out the meat and shred it.
- Turn the Foodi to the "Sauté" mode. If desired, add chili paste a little at a time to taste.
- When the soup boils, add the meat and the ramen noodles. NO SEASONING PACKETS!
- Push noodles so that they are submerged, holding them down with a spoon if necessary.
- As soon as the noodles are soft, stir them into the soup and turn off the Foodi.
- Serve immediately, topping with green scallions and any other desired toppings. (eggs, Sriacha, soy sauce)
optional: ramen eggs
- DO THIS DURING THE PRESSURE COOK!
- In a small pot, add cold water, enough to cover all desired eggs.
- When the water boils, add the eggs and cook for 7 minutes.
- When they are finished, plunge them into ice water and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully peel off shells while eggs are still in the water, including all membrane.
- Slice into halves and set aside.
Instead of thawed protein, this recipe can also use precooked/leftover meat. If you shred it before adding it to the pot, you can skip that step. You will also skip the first sauté step.
Leave a Reply