Scottie’s Lazy Tomato Sauce
This sauce is creamy and full of flavor!
- 1 package Italian sausage
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can flavored diced tomatoes
- 1 12 oz can of tomato paste
- less than 1/2 cup heavy cream to desired thickness
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- spices to taste: sage
- tarragon to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- sage to taste
- black pepper to taste
- onion powder to taste
- oregano to taste
- basil to taste
- sea salt to taste
- minced onion to taste
- minced garlic to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- chili powder to taste
- Mix tomatoes together in saucepan on medium high.
- At the same time, cook sausage almost completely.
- Once the tomatoes are boiling, add sausage.
- Once boiling again, add spices.
- Reduce to medium low and let simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add butter and cream, and mix thoroughly until butter is melted. The sauce should be a deep orange red.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
This recipe goes well with the eggless pasta found here.
Leave a Reply